Software Engineer, ML Ops, London or Switzerland
We are initially looking for experienced engineers - Senior, Principal, Staff or equivalent levels.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a new Alphabet company that will reimagine drug discovery through a computational- and AI-first approach.
We are assembling a world-class, multi-disciplinary team who want to drive forward groundbreaking innovations. As one of the first members of this pioneering organisation, you will play a meaningful role in building this team, embodying an inspiring, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
This early-stage venture is on a mission to accelerate the speed, increase the efficacy and lower the cost of drug discovery. You’ll be working at the cutting edge of the new era of ‘digital biology’ and advancing a new type of biotech that will deliver transformative social impact for the benefit of millions of people.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work on a greenfield ML-based software platform that will transform the biopharmaceutical world as we know it.
Working in a highly creative, iterative environment, you will be partnering with leading engineers, scientists and ML researchers to build the critical platform driving that transformation. This is a newly created role and you will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
What you will do
- Build ecosystem and tools in which to enable cutting-edge machine learning research and serve large-scale machine learning models
- Build and operate processes and tools for effective operational management of research and production software
- Operate and manage research, development and production cloud infrastructure and systems
- Partner and collaborate with a diverse set of teams incl. science, research, product, business development and operations
- Contribute to core technical decisions (e.g. choice of tooling, infrastructure, and architectural design)
Skills and qualifications
- Strong foundations in software engineering
- Experience building secure/scalable platforms/products on cloud
- Strong experience in DevOps best practices
- Practical experience with modern Machine Learning Ops lifecycle, tools, and frameworks
- Familiarity with python-based ML modelling frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, or JAX.
Nice to have
- Experience supporting machine learning research activities
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining production systems on GCP
- Basic knowledge of biology / chemistry
- Pharma and/or biotech industry experience, ideally with a focus on drug discovery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Behaviours and attributes
- Grounded and original thinker: you combine the best from industry with new ideas and creative approaches, taking well-informed risks to advance progress
- Motivated by purpose and impact: Self-directed, chooses the most effective path to maximise impact in pursuit of higher level purpose, operates at pace with a clear bias for action
- Experimental: Comfortable with ambiguity, embraces new ideas, responds quickly and adapts to maximise opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive: you are willing to go the extra mile and work beyond role remit, building strong partnerships with a variety of collaborators
- Curious mindset: Strong interest in self-development, learns from setbacks as well as successes
Isomorphic Labs welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions. Your application won't be effected by the answers you provide, the information is helping us to understand the profile of individuals interested in joining IsoLabs.