Software Engineering Lead, Platform, London or Switzerland
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a new Alphabet company that will reimagine drug discovery through a computational- and AI-first approach.
We are assembling a world-class, multi-disciplinary team who want to drive forward groundbreaking innovations. As one of the first members of this pioneering organisation, you will play a meaningful role in building this team, embodying an inspiring, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
This early-stage venture is on a mission to accelerate the speed, increase the efficacy and lower the cost of drug discovery. You’ll be working at the cutting edge of the new era of ‘digital biology’ and advancing a new type of biotech that will deliver transformative social impact for the benefit of millions of people.
As an Engineering Lead, you will build, grow and lead a talented team of front end, back end, and full stack software engineers. You and your team will build the platform on which we will run cutting edge machine learning models and algorithms in pursuit of groundbreaking bio-pharmaceutical discoveries.
This newly created role will require you to draw on your extensive experience and offers an exciting opportunity to carve out your contribution in this entrepreneurial environment. This will include working with other Software Engineering and Technical Operations Leads to develop a new platform that underpins the technology and business strategy of the company..
What you will do
- Develop the technical features and user interfaces for our ground-breaking cloud-based computational platform
- Integrate a variety of company machine learning models into the platform, ensuring smooth operation and good user experience
- Play an active role in architectural discussions, empowering the team to make decisions and getting hands on when necessary
- Partner and collaborate with a diverse set of teams incl. science, research, product, business development and operations
- Build a high performing, nimble team of software engineers
- Provide technical leadership to the organisation and own core technical decisions (e.g. choice of tooling, infrastructure, and architectural design)
Skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years of direct line management experience - leading and coaching engineering teams of 5+ people
- Strong foundations in software engineering with previous experience operating as a senior individual contributor with software architecture skills
- Experience building secure/scalable platforms/products on cloud, including expertise with modern cloud architectures and frameworks
- Expertise with full SDLC and agile product development
- Proven track record leading teams who deliver production ready code for real world applications
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
Nice to have
- Exposure to modern DevOps/SRE best practices
- Pharma and/or biotech industry experience, ideally with a focus on drug discovery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Behaviours and attributes
- Grounded and original thinker: you combine the best from industry with new ideas and creative approaches, taking well-informed risks to advance progress
- Motivated by purpose: you are self-directed and choose the most effective path to maximise impact, operating at pace with a clear bias for action
- Experimental approach: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you respond quickly and adapt to maximise opportunities
- Team-orientated and collaborative: you are willing to go the extra mile and work beyond role remit, building strong partnerships with a variety of collaborators
- Curious mindset: you have a strong interest in self-development and learn from set-backs as well as successes
- Strategic and pragmatic: you combine outstanding strategic thinking with a practical delivery-focused approach
- Inspiring leader: you know how to build and lead teams
Isomorphic Labs welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions. Your application won't be effected by the answers you provide, the information is helping us to understand the profile of individuals interested in joining IsoLabs.