Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
We are funded by major VC funds and individuals such as founders and executives from Reddit, Solana, Polygon, Coinbase, Twitch, Shopify, Notion and more.
Here's what your day to day responsibilities looks like:
- Support founders and leadership with business operations, planning and strategy
- Manage business operations including taxes, payroll, financial planning
- Collaborate with team leads to drive strategic priorities from start to finish
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Ability to tackle complex problems and synthesize strategic recommendations
Bonus if you have this:
- Experience in a business operations role at a fast growing startup
While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one – or any other kind of degree – to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
Islands is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our business better. If you think you're a good match for our vision and values, we'd love to hear from you!
We're honored you're considering joining us.