Under the direction of the Operations team and in close collaboration with the Workplace, Engineering, and Grow team, the Facilities Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Building maintenance tasks include work in the following fields: carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc. In addition, the Facilities Technician also performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. As a part of the Operations team at Iron Ox, you will lead the effort in maintaining our facilities to a high standard. This is a full-time position.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Weekly reporting through our maintenance system, Upkeep, to ensure maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for the adherence and reporting of safety breaches
- Manage work requests submitted for office areas, including our HQ and auxiliary facilities located in San Carlos and Santa Clara
- Proper setup and storage of cleaning equipment
- Replacement of HVAC equipment, lighting, plumbing system parts
- Maintenance of carpentry items such as doors, painting, millwork, etc.
- Ensuring equipment (utility generation, distribution, and skid built) is operating under normal system parameters.
- Equipment assembly
- Maintains cleanliness of interior and exterior of the facility
- Maintenance of trash and recycle bins, including disposing of trashVacuum, sweep, pressure wash/mop interior and/or exterior concrete areas, walkways, insect exclusion area, work area, and system equipmentInspect the facility and report any damaged or broken items, landscape issues, and/or safety hazards
- Properly operates and stores any equipment needed for tasks (foam sprayer, pressure washer, forklift, etc.)
- Follows standard operating procedures in a safe and compliant manner
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in building maintenance
- Ability to work independently with strong time management
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Proven ability to perform a variety of tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines
- Demonstrated efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, accuracy, and results in orientation
- Remaining in a seated or standing position for extended periods
- Strong knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Wearing gloves and other required protective gear for extended periods when required
- Knowledge and proficiency in the proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the proper and safe use of chemicals and sprays used in operating and maintaining greenhouse systems.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to bend at the waist, crouch, stoop, squat, and kneel.
- Fine manipulation with hands and other work done primarily with fingers.
- Interest in the farming, food, and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture
- Satisfactory computer skills with experience in G Suite, Microsoft Office, and JIRA
What We Offer:
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance