IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Backend Feature Team. You will work to help identify technical debt, help define the roadmap of API v3, fix bugs, and build new features within the API.
- 3+ years building REST APIs
- PHP 7
- AWS Core Services (EC2, SNS, SES, S3)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using performance analysis and debugging tools
- Providing mentorship to other engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Caching technologies like Redis & Memcached
- Experiencing reviewing technical specifications and architectural plans with the ability to make trade-offs and compromise to meet business objectives and product goals
- Ability to mentor other developers and provide technical direction on application architecture
- Experience working in an Agile and SCRUM environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
What does success look like in this role? Rather than something abstract, we imagine you helping us achieve the following success:
- 3 month success: Gain a deep understanding of the existing monolith API. Commit significant code towards bug fixes and additional features.
- 6 month success: Become a core contributor to IRLs feature development. Start reviewing PRs regularly.
- 12 month success: Become a leader within the backend team. Mentor new devs, continue substantial code contribution, and continue being a reliable source of support for vision of overall backend architecture.
Get Together Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.