IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
- Ambitious. You are eager to build a first-class Android experience. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, results-oriented environment and aim high.
- Execution driven. You love delivering high-quality features with your team. Delivering your assigned tasks, on time is one of your top priorities.
- Passionate. You are passionate about IRL's mission and you love the Android platform as much as we do.
- A team player. You enjoy working cross-functionally across the organization in a collaborative work environment. You communicate clearly & openly and can arrive at great solutions with your team-mates amidst different priorities.
- Be hands-on involved in building new & innovative features and drive technological advancements in IRL's Android experience
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in building native production Android applications
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that adapts as it grows
- Excellent communication, planning & collaboration skills
- Bonus Points: You have experience building consumer facing chat applications.
What does success look like in this role? Rather than something abstract, we imagine you helping us achieve the following success:
- 3 month success: Gain a grasp of Android codebase, and the internal and cross functional team processes. Commit a significant amount of well developed, stable code in a timely manner every sprint.
- 6 month success: Continue to understand the Android codebase intimately. Become someone who the team can really rely on heavily. Become an expert in at least one part of the Android codebase.
- 12 month success: Become extremely intimate with the Android codebase and be able to effectively help in onboarding engineers into the codebase. Effectively be able to mentor Jr devs. Effectively contribute to major architectural discussions. Become a leader within the Android platform team.
IRL has raised $170 million dollars in their Series C round led by SoftBank, with the promise that we will redefine the messaging category. This is a perfect opportunity to come in fairly early and make an impact. The user base has grown significantly in the last year, and we aim to continue that trajectory while expanding the team. IRL has consistently been featured in the App Store under Apps We Love and has grown to > 20m users. We’ve achieved great growth results and are looking to grow the team by 3x in the next 12 months.
Our Benefits Include:
- A remote-first organization that allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine.
- Room for personal and professional development through regular 1-on-1s and mentoring.
- A motivated team that enables you to do your best.
- Full medical, dental & vision coverage for employees and their spouses/partners & children.
- Minimum 5 weeks personal time off.
Get Together Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.