IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
IRL’s Trust & Safety Team is looking for a Program Manager to help us make IRL the safest platform for people to discover, connect, and converse. This position is perfect for a Trust & Safety generalist who wants to join a growing platform and play an integral part in setting the overall trust and safety direction and vision. In this position, you will report to the Head of Trust & Safety and gain experience across all areas of T&S: policy, content moderation, responsible innovation, ethics, privacy, product, AI, etc. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with legal, product, engineering, AI, data, partnerships, and other business teams to ensure we build a holistic safety strategy across the company.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Own the creation and upkeep of all content policies, enforcement guidelines and training documents. These policies will govern the types of content and behavior that is not allowed on IRL.
- Help assess technology solutions to aid in content moderation and other scalable trust and safety strategies, and support the creation of internal tools related to trust and safety.
- Be the primary point of contact for policy escalations - align internal stakeholders and drive toward a decision.
- Stay on the cutting edge of new abuse trends both on IRL and generally within the UGC content space.
- Help identify and scope out product features and other programs to improve users’ safety experience and safety knowledge.
- Support users by handling inbound requests from them related to safety and privacy.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have 4+ years of experience in Trust and Safety at a UGC content or messaging platform, or public policy and academic experience related to content moderation, privacy, and online safety.
- You have policy or product experience with at least two of the following policy areas: hate speech, harassment, bullying, child safety, misinformation, spam.
- You possess a deep understanding of internet, technology, social media issues as well as an understanding of responsible and ethical innovation concepts and practices.
- You are a creative problem solver who likes to think of innovative solutions to thorny safety issues but who can also build things in a scalable fashion.
- You have strong problem solving and investigative skills, you possess a keen desire to dig deep on issues, understand the root cause and work cross functionally to design solutions.
Success after 3 months would include objectives like:
- A deep understanding of IRL’s app and trust and safety issues we need to solve
- Clear and enforceable policy guidelines for high-priority safety verticals
Success after 6 months would include objectives like:
- Clear and enforceable policy guidelines for all safety verticals outlined
- A plan for features and programs to support the safety of our users and community
Success after 12 months would include objectives like:
- Launch features and programs to support user and community safety
- Support the expansion of our moderation program.