IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
IRL is looking to become a premium chat application, as we believe chat is at the core of organising our lives. We are looking for someone who is eager to do what is necessary to contribute to IRL’s overall mission. This is a role within our backend team. Day to day will consist of working with our growth, content, and AI teams to develop a strategy to integrate and consume content via api’s and web scraping.
- Build new, maintain, and adjust existing content api integrations.
- Work with the AI Team to identify better strategies for structuring and categorizing content data into our backend.
- Work with Content Team to build internal tooling, via web interface, identify APIs and specific data sets that need to be integrated.
- Work with the Growth Team to help ingest data for purposes of growth hacking.
- 3+ years development experience
- Experience in MySQL
- PHP 7, Python 3, or Ruby
- Basic knowledge of Laravel framework or 1 or more of the well-known web frameworks
- Experience consuming and integrating REST API's.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Caching technologies like Redis & Memcached
- Experiencing reviewing technical specifications and architectural plans with the ability to make trade-offs and compromise to meet business objectives and product goals
- Experience working in an Agile and SCRUM environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
What does success look like in this role? Rather than something abstract, we imagine you helping us achieve the following success:
- 3 month success: Get comfortable with the existing Content APIs and internal content dashboards. Work alongside other teams to identify and execute on near term content needs. Integrate at least one new content API.
- 6 month success: Successfully integrate 10 new sources of content within IRL. Ensure all are bug free and running efficiently at scale. Add any new features having to do with content such as notifications about tours announced, ticket sales, etc. Work alongside new engineers who work full time on the content team.
- 12 month success: Continue to work on adding more advanced features having to do with content ingestion. Continue ingesting new content APIs. Become a leader on the team, mentoring and training new engineers.