IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
We’re looking for an experienced design leader who will work throughout IRL’s entire product lines, iOS, Android, and Web. You’ll be working to guide millions of users through an easy and intuitive experience. you'll join a tight-knit, collaborative team, who are dedicated to helping IRL grow as a top Social App.
What you’ll be doing
- Conceive of innovative new features and bring them to life (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping)
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams, bring thoughtful and researched opinions to any discussion
- Work closely with a user research team to iterate and test designs
- Review and approve other designer's work, guiding and mentoring designers to have consistent, simple design across our products.
- Take ownership of a design methodology, build process for handoff to engineers
- Build simple and intuitive experiences and flows
- Have discussions on all designs, and be flexible when giving/receiving feedback
- Bring passion and empathy for our users, be a voice to bring joy to their experience with IRL
- Unrelenting standards when it comes to design detail and execution
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths (Please provide a link in resume/application)
- 5+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Experience with information architecture
- Experience designing for responsive and mobile design
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience mentoring/leading design teams
- Experience crafting icons
- Excellent file and asset organization
- Experience in brand design
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with hi-fidelity visual concepts and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of iOS design principles
- Knowledge of Google Material design principles
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products
- Ability to move in fast start-up environment
Nice to know
- Experience crafting animations for AirBnb’s Lottie framework
- Illustration capabilities
- Experience with consumer applications
- Experience working on social features
- Adobe Creative Suite