IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity.
As our user base grows, our code base grows, and our engineering capacity expands, we also need to take our quality assurance to the next level. As the first QA engineer in the team, you have the opportunity to implement best practices when it comes to quality assurance and instill a great quality mindset within the team.
Some of our goals are to expand our test coverage, reduce the number of defects found in production, drastically reduce the amount of below par performance code going into production, improve our recovery time, and, ultimately, an even better user experience!
Test automation, acceptance testing and CI improvement will be some of the initial priorities to achieve these objectives, but obviously, there’s more!
As a leader of the engineering team, you will work together with our product team, our customer success team, as well as the different engineering teams (candidate environment, employer environment, internal tools, cloud infrastructure, etc.). You provide leverage and support, but also guidance. You’ll work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, the United States, South America, and Asia.
- Become intimately familiar with the IRL system
- Take ownership for the quality of the backend system, which includes defining quality assurance strategies as well as processes and tooling.
- Improve our code-to-production pipeline through automated testing, tooling and expanding our CI/CD environments
- Creating documentation and teaching engineers on how to write quality tests.
- Creating a system integration testing framework.
- 7+ years experience
- SQL & MySQL in a clustered environment
- PHP 7, Python 3, or Rub
- 5+ years QA engineering experience
- AWS Core Services (EC2, SNS, SES, S3)
- Basic knowledge of Laravel framework or 1 or more of the well-known Python web frameworks
- Basic experience in building RESTful API
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and communicate asynchronously
- Providing mentorship to other engineers
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or the equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience with Google Calendar API, Outlook Calendar API, and dealing with date-time/timezone issues in software
- Caching technologies like Redis & Memcached
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experiencing reviewing technical specifications and architectural plans with the ability to make trade-offs and compromise to meet business objectives and product goals
Ideal Candidates will also have
- Ability to mentor other developers and provide technical direction on quality assurance best practices
- Experience working in an Agile and SCRUM environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities