IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
- Research, locate, define and target key business prospects.
- Work with customers to provide feedback to development teams for new products.
- Establish and nurture relationships that fill the business pipeline with prospective partners and customers.
- Negotiate new partnerships and business alliances; work closely with legal experts to write contracts for new business partners.
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure.
- Work closely with internal teams including Business Ops, product and marketing to ensure successful partnership launches.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-6 years experience in business development or sales role at a platform or startup.
- Proven track record in identifying, negotiating and closing partnerships.
- Self starter that can thrive in a fast paced and independent work environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team first attitude.
- Analytical and data driven approach to pipeline development.
Goals after 90 days
- Strong understanding of the IRL platform.
- Clear knowledge of who does what at the company.
- Handling of at least 3 potential customers on her/his own.
Goals after 180 days
- Able to use data and research to prioritize what parties to target for partnership opportunities
- Can pitch IRL to outside partners on her/his own.
- Negotiating deals largely on her/his own with some counsel from CBO.
- Handling of at least 3 current customers.