IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
IRL’s web team is looking for a CSS Frontend Developer to help us create the best interface for group chats on the web.
In this position, you will work closely with our Design and Backend team to build fast performing and attractive user interfaces used by millions of users
If you're interested in building a next-generation web interface for group chats, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide feedback to the Design team to ensure designs are inline with the latest web standards
- Design and build animations to strengthen our unique look and feel
- Build and maintain a bespoke UI component framework
- Build and maintain new features for our websites
- Monitor and improve UI performance of our websites
- Safe-guard cross browser compatibility
- Advise other frontend engineers on UI related challenges
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Expert in building publicly facing web applications
- Proficient with CSS and CSS preprocessors
You are opinionated about utility-first css and have a good understanding of browser compatibility issues and how to resolve them
- Significant experience with Vue.js
You are aware of common caveats and know your way around in the Vue.js ecosystem
- Experience with developing a UI component framework
You know how to develop reusable, extendable, maintainable and performant components
- Experience with web testing and performance monitoring
You understand what it takes to ensure stability and maintainability of a codebase
- Higher-order thinking level
You can analyze and solve issues independently and explain why the proposed solution is the better option compared to other solutions
The focus and potential success of this role:
Success after 3 months would include objectives like:
- You have established strong asynchronous communication lines with your peers, the design and the product teams based on trust, respect and inclusion.
- You have gained a robust understanding of the needs of the product, how to resolve them and proposed improvements to both the product as the process.
- You will have identified and resolved your first UI performance bottlenecks
- You have had the chance to meet team members from all other teams, get a good understanding who does what and know who to ask when you have questions about the product
Success after 6 months would include objectives like:
- You will have positioned yourself as the Q&A person for your peers and others with regards to any CSS/UI related questions
- You have lead and completed an initiative to improve the product for better scalability and maintainability
- You will participate in the interview process for other frontend developer candidates