IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
IRL is looking for a Data Engineer to help us build data infrastructures that can handle petabyte-scale data.
In this position, you will work closely with AI, Analytics and Infrastructure team members to develop pipelines to collect, process and transform data from millions of users.
If you're interested in building large-scale maintainable systems from the ground up, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Communicate with AI and Analytics team members to understand their needs.
- Design and deploy pipelines with the Infrastructure team to transform data into desired business metrics.
- Design and deploy pipelines with the Infrastructure team to transform data for machine learning training tasks.
- Integrate data pipelines into backend APIs.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Excellent software engineering skills
- Experience in AWS core services
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in Apache Spark
- Experience in streaming data processing (e.g. AWS Kinesis, Kafka, or Flink...)
- Experience in ETL concepts and tools (e.g. AWS GLUE, Airflow, or Step functions...)
Upcoming objectives of this role:
Success after 3 months would include objectives like:
- Build maintainable data pipelines to transform raw data to business metrics and machine learning training data.
Success after 6 months would include objectives like:
- Build low-latency data pipelines that can process large-volume streaming data for real-time analytics and machine learning tasks
Success after 12 months would include objectives like:
- Enable data scientists and analysts to get data the way they want in a few hours