IRL is the leading group messaging social network that brings people together through events and shared experiences. With its wide range of in-app offerings, including personalized event suggestions using artificial intelligence, calendar integrations, messenger and private group pages, IRL deepens everyone's ability to connect through organic community-building and engaging social interaction.
Based on humans' natural group orientation and essential need to communicate, especially in the post-COVID era, IRL is building the future of interaction by translating these inherent needs onto one platform and encouraging users to do more together.
IRL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- IRL pays 99% of the monthly premium for platinum and gold PPO medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage, for employees and their spouses, partners & children.
- All employees receive 25 days of Personal Time Off every calendar year plus 5 Floating Holidays.
- Sick leave honor system: Employees can take up to 2 consecutive days per illness without having to take PTO.
- Remote Work Set Up Stipend for new employees of up to $7,500 for engineers and $5,000 for non-engineers.
- All-Purpose Stipend of $4,800 per year for ongoing remote work expenses plus an incredible range of products and services.
- Celebrations Stipend: Employees may receive up to $1,200 per year for personal and family events planned through the IRL app.
- Student Loan Repayment: IRL will contribute up to $437.50 per month, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $31,500, for the repayment of employee student loans.
- Professional Development: IRL will contribute up to $3,000 annually, with a maximum lifetime benefit of $12,000, for expenses associated with employee professional development.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (coming Fall 2021) with 100% match on up to 6% of employee salary.
- Ability to architect scalable cloud solutions with AWS.
- Understanding of AWS RDS MYSQL configuration, monitoring, tuning, pricing options, and cost optimization.
- Monitor and optimize operational concerns, automation, and query performance.
- Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment.
- Experience with large data sets, high insertion/transaction volume in mission critical environments.
- Plan, implement, and educate the team on various data persistence services.
- Willingness to educate teams on MYSQL querying best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and communicate asynchronously
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or the equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Caching technologies like Redis & Memcached
- Experiencing reviewing technical specifications and architectural plans with the ability to make trade-offs and compromise to meet business objectives and product goals
- Basic knowledge of Laravel and PHPBasic experience in building RESTful APIs