Iris Automation Inc is dedicated to creating an aviation environment where no two aircraft ever collide mid-air. We leverage innovative AI-based vision technology that enables uncrewed and crewed aircraft to mitigate the risk of airborne collisions - vital for safe, scalable, and efficient operations across countless industries. Iris’ onboard and ground-based Casia systems give operators the reliability needed to safely navigate an increasingly complex and congested airspace. We work closely with civil aviation authorities globally as they implement regulatory frameworks to advance safety and efficiency in aviation.
Join as a key member of a fast-growing, diverse, and exciting start-up company. As a Full Stack Engineer in our Technology and Innovation department, you are responsible for the design, implementation, refactoring, and maintenance of the client side website and systems to serve both the company and the customer’s needs. In this role, you will be designing, developing, refactoring, and maintaining the company’s websites,, and bring a depth of knowledge in modern frontend technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate within a team of software engineers, backend software engineers, system administrators, and product managers in development and maintenance of primarily the client of website development and maintaining its consistent functionality.
- Manage the complete frontend development life cycle from conception to deployment/maintenance
- Work with product team in the development and then deployment of visual appealing UI and UX
- Assist backend engineers in the design and development of effective, secure, and responsive APIs
- Write and conduct effective tests to ensure website reliability, efficiency, and responsiveness
- Design, implement, and maintain frontend website security and data protection settings
- Write clear and understandable technical documentation
- Deploy and maintain a variety of high-speed and high-availability client side services
- Enhance existing infrastructure to deliver better performance, security, and scalability
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in a related field (information technology, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent real world experience.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud development
- Experience working with servers such as Nginx or Apache
- Basic design ability, including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
- Knowledge of server-side programming languages, primarily some knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and the software delivery pipeline
- Must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead discussion in topics of their expertise and provide feedback to management during the development process
- Ability to manage the end to end lifecycle for relevant frontend / customer facing software
- Computer and network security fundamentals, endpoint hardening, key management, etc
- Prior experience with Docker and other container technologies
- Familiarity with database management systems, such as PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of the Linux Operating System and file system architecture
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO and 12 U.S. Holidays
- Work/Home-Life Monthly Stipend
- Professional Development
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.