Iris Automation Inc is a safety avionics technology company pioneering on-and off-board perception systems and aviation policy services that enable customers to build scalable operations for crewed and uncrewed aircraft; unlocking the potential of countless industries. Iris’ Casia system runs either onboard the aircraft or in a ground-based configuration. We work closely with civil aviation authorities globally as they implement regulatory frameworks ensuring BVLOS is conducted safely, partnering on multiple FAA ASSURE and BEYOND UAS Integration Programs and Transport Canada’s BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
As a Backend Engineer in our Technology and Innovation department, you are responsible for the design, implementation, refactoring, and maintenance of our data management system. In this role, you will primarily work in Python, and bring a depth of knowledge in data management algorithms, structures, and best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate within a team of software engineers, frontend software engineers, system administrators, and product managers in development and maintenance of the server and technical side of website development and overall management of collected data.
- Develop and maintain well functioning databases
- Write effective, secure, and responsive APIs
- Write and conduct effective tests to ensure data reliability, efficiency, and responsiveness
- Design, implement, and maintain security and data protection settings
- Write clear and understandable technical documentation
- Deploy and maintain a variety of high-speed and high-availability network services and file systems that form the backbone of Iris Automation’s internal Technology and Innovation efforts
- Enhance existing infrastructure to deliver better performance, security, and scalability
- Provision, install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of computing hardware and software
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in a related field (information technology, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent real world experience.
- Fluent at developing and testing well structured software in Python
- Strong database design, implementation, and maintenance (MySQL, Postgres) skills
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud development
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and the software delivery pipeline
- Experience working with servers such as Nginx or Apache
- Proficient understanding of the Linux Operating System and filesystem architecture
- Must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead discussion in topics of their expertise
- Ability to manage the end to end lifecycle for relevant backend software
- Computer and network security fundamentals, endpoint hardening, key management, etc
- Prior experience with Docker and other container technologies
- Experience with frontend languages and libraries such as HTML/CSS, XML, jQuery
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO and 12 U.S. Holidays
- Work/Home-Life Monthly Stipend
- Professional Development
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.