Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
About the Role
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for qualifying leads and prospecting through existing business accounts to engage with prospective buyers. You are highly motivated and engergized to qualify leads and finding creative ways to engage prospects in the industry through outbound activity on a daily basis. The position is crucial as the first touchpoint with the company, and separates the discovery and sales process to create specialization and a more efficient sales process overall.
- Help manage inbound leads from marketing efforts through qualification and handoff.
- Serve as the bridge between sales and marketing functions to put out the best customer facing marketing & content.
- Lead qualification by presenting Iris/Casia, identify fit, and educate potential clients.
- Nurturing potential leads to guarantee a steady pipeline over time.
- Input personal interactions in Salesforce.
- Actively source through researching publications, sales navigator, conference exhibitor lists, top industry lists, meetup groups/networking events, news, social media. Research accounts, identify decision makers, explore and expand client org charts. Research prospect contact information and best ways to get in touch with them.
- Nurture potential leads from drip campaign management.
- After prepping potential clients (sending and executing initial documentation), set up meetings or calls with Account Executives to continue the sales process.
- Review qualified lead results and pipeline migration with the business team on a weekly basis.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- Minimum of one year as part of a sales team.
- Experience with social media/web marketing automation & analytics platforms.
- Familiar with market research tools (Tableau, zoominfo, linkedin etc).
- Full sales cycle experience.
- Salesforce or Hubspot data management experience.
- Aerospace or UAS industry experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability
- Flexible PTO and 10 U.S. holidays
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family
- Commuter benefits with company contribution
- Wellness stipend.
- Professional Development
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.