Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
The Head of Product will direct the strategy, roadmap and execution of Iris’ current and future product lines, including Casia. The role entails strong technical understanding with excellent communication and problem solving skills to collaborate with cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Develop, own, and execute a product strategy and roadmap to drive product success metrics.
- Lead product discovery, design, development and release processes.
- Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative research into the product process, using this data for decision-making, prioritization, and product growth.
- Facilitate decision-making across cross-functional teams to deliver products that drive business agility and growth.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal teams to external stakeholders.
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to expand our products to new markets through market research and competitive analysis.
- Work with the Regulations team to bring standards and policy feedback into the product development process.
- Build the Product team, taking on coaching and management responsibilities as the team grows.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Sales, and Marketing teams on product positioning, packaging and pricing, core customer problems and the product launch process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably with a rapid-growth technology startup.
- Strong Product Management fundamentals with a proven record of identifying core customer problems and delivering successful and scalable solutions.
- Ability to understand complex technical architecture and balance short and long term product development priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, verbal and written.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, including coaching, team building, empowerment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.