Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
This is a marketing internship position reporting to the Director of Operations & Controller, and will be responsible for assisting in the coordination and execution of marketing campaigns related to sales, business development, and recruiting activities at Iris Automation. You will work closely with the People Operations & Communications Specialist and the Marketing & Growth Specialist to create a more consistent external messaging strategy, while retaining a high level of autonomy on individual projects.
This is a paid, FULL-TIME position for a minimum of THREE months.
- Coordinate and execute digital marketing campaigns focused on sales lead generation and recruitment prospecting
- Help with planning and organizing in-person marketing opportunities, such as industry conferences and recruitment events
- Contribute to social media strategy and content development, including coordination, writing, and scheduling regular external newsletters and social posts
- Assist in the refinement and standardization of Iris’ brand image, voice, and positioning
- Harness data and marketing analytics to support decision making by leadership in Sales, Business Development, and Operations
- Research emerging approaches to marketing optimization and automation and recommend new tools/approaches
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Recent graduate/currently studying towards a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited university OR 2+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast-growing start-up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using prominent social media platforms for business (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Understanding of SEO, CRO and LPO bonuses
- Ability to plan proactively, prioritize multiple tasks, and work with autonomy
- Willingness to learn and problem solve on the job
- Experience with marketing automation and analytics tools (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, MailChimp, etc,)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google AdWords
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.