Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
As a Software Engineer focusing on C++ and Python, you will be a meaningful contributor in a motivated, creative, and talented R&D team. You will build and maintain the crucial software that our cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms rely on. If working on challenging problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with simulation, computer vision, and machine learning engineers to build key software required to unlock fully autonomous drone operations.
- Build and improve internal tools for collecting, processing, and verifying simulated and real flight data.
- Maintain and enhance the existing testing platform for our core technology stack.
- Scale and automate existing manual processes.
- Own the efforts to debug, profile, and optimize existing core C++ code.
- Develop python code to manipulate large amounts of data and import it to our custom simulator.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or 2+ years of related experience.
- Ability to write clean, efficient, and production-level C++ and Python code.
- Experience with Linux environments and Bash scripting.
- An open mind when problem solving - the ability to think critically and consider any possible solution.
- Practical knowledge of automated test environments and software testing best practices.
- Familiarity with software engineering as it relates to the development of autonomous vehicles.
- Prior experience with GUI development and deploying software to end users.
- Prior experience with cameras and image manipulation or other sensing technologies.
- Exposure to Unreal Engine, Unity, or another gaming engine.
- GIS and digital mapping understanding.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.