Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
About the Role:
As a C++ Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in the Engineering team to implement the backbone of the Iris Collision Avoidance System. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career!
- Develop core embedded flight software for unmanned aircraft.
- Build and improve internal tools for handling flight data.
- Design and develop complex and latency-optimized software in C++.
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
- 2+ years of professional experience, and a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related field (computer engineering/science).
- Proficiency in writing clean, well organized C++ code with appropriate abstraction boundaries.
- Prior experience with Linux and Bash scripting.
- Proficiency developing modular and multi-threaded software architectures.
- Practical knowledge of automated test environments and software testing best practices.
- Prior experience with ROS, GPU programming/CUDA.
- Ability to prototype and design with Python.
- Prior experience working with cameras and other sensing technologies in embedded environments.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.