Iris Automation’s core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
The People and Communications Manager is a key member to steward of culture and communications at Iris. You will focus on building data-driven initiatives and systems for employee experience, retention, and growth; communicating company successes to external parties; and fostering a culture that represents our values and mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee feedback, performance, retention, and engagement.
- Own the company’s cultural initiatives and help foster a culture that reflects our company vision, mission, and core values
- Develop and manage budgets related to People Operations and Communications.
- Own responsibilities through the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, new hire follow-up, professional development planning, and offboarding.
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization as an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues, including support of formal HR investigations.
- Coordinate external messaging of company mission and content through media such as blogs, social media, newsletters, and public speaking opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of operations management and communications experience in a dynamic start-up, or similar environment.
- Excellence in written and oral communication; campaign development and execution experience preferred.
- Experience creating and managing strategy and related budgets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable using data to inform decision-making.
- Familiarity with complex events planning and execution.
- Highly developed emotional intelligence, empathy, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with blog, newsletter, and social media management tools (Wordpress, Medium, MailChimp, etc.).
About Iris Automation Inc
Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight. Our product is overcoming regulatory, insurance, and safety concerns. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.