Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight. Our product is overcoming regulatory, insurance, and safety concerns.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
About the Role:
Iris Automation’s core mission is to build state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
As the Office & Finance Administrator, you will be our first point of contact and the glue holding the company together; your work is absolutely crucial to our team’s productivity, success, and overall well-being. You enjoy solving problems before they arise, the thrill of hyper-organization, and revel in greeting visitors with professional friendliness. If this fits you, come join the team. This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week.
- Greet office visitors and handle telephone/email correspondence.
- Ensure office and kitchen supplies are stocked and organized; meeting rooms and common areas are well maintained.
- Manage weekly bookkeeping tasks and processes.
- Own vendor relationships and fulfilling billing obligations for the office.
- Organize and handle customer invoicing and purchase orders.
- Book and handle team & partner travel logistics, including conferences, airfare, ground travel, and lodging.
- Lend a helping hand where needed, and always suggesting ways to improve our work environment.
- 1-3 years of office administration experience in a dynamic start-up, or similar background.
- Deep familiarity with accrual bookkeeping in Quickbooks Desktop & Expensify, or similar enterprise finance software.
- Experience with MS Office/Google suite products, especially Excel/Sheets.
- Excellent skills in organization, and written and oral communication.
- Analytical and proactive in handling problems or issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.