Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight. Our product is overcoming regulatory, insurance, and safety concerns.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
As a testing associate for the remote testing office of a rapidly growing UAS start-up, you’ll have a large impact on the future of the drone industry by assisting with crucial data collection efforts and professionally representing our company in the booming Nevada drone industry. Working for Iris Automation is a rewarding experience where you will have the opportunity to guide a significant step forward in developing our business and accessing new US markets.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Assist in the drafting of detailed test plans and safety checklists
- Conduct multiple weekly UAS tests
- Assist with test data organization and classification
- Assist with running a remote office location, including office administration and supplying
- Contribute to the development of a healthy and productive office culture
- Professionally represent Iris Automation when necessary to business partners and regulators
- Other duties as required
- Part 107 Small UAS Remote Pilot Certification
- UAS flight experience with fixed wing and multi-rotor platforms
- UAS maintenance or build experience
- Ability to complete tasks under limited supervision
- Attention to detail and safety
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Proven organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Drive technology suites
- Ability to lift 50lbs comfortably
- Excited to work in a collaborative, small team environment
- Enjoys working in field and office environments
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with Pixhawk Flight Control Systems
- UAS flight experience with helicopter platforms
- US driver's licence
- Any form of pilots license (Rec, Sport, PPL etc.)
- Understanding of ground-to-air communication protocols
- Basic understanding of C++ computer programming
- Linux knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.