Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
As a UAS Operator/Flight Technician, you’ll have a large impact on the future of the drone industry by assisting with crucial data collection efforts and professionally representing our company in the booming Nevada drone industry. Working for Iris Automation is a rewarding experience where you will have the opportunity to guide a significant step forward in developing our business and accessing new US markets.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Assist in the drafting of detailed test plans and safety checklists
- Conduct multiple weekly UAS tests
- Assist with test data organization and classification
- Assist with running a remote office location, including office administration and supplying
- Contribute to the development of a healthy and productive office culture
- Professionally represent Iris Automation when necessary to business partners and regulators
- Other duties as required
- Part 107 Small UAS Remote Pilot Certification
- UAS flight experience with fixed wing and multi-rotor platforms
- UAS maintenance or build experience
- Ability to complete tasks under limited supervision
- Attention to detail and safety
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Proven organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Drive technology suites
- Ability to lift 50lbs comfortably
- Excited to work in a collaborative, small team environment
- Enjoys working in field and office environments
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with Pixhawk Flight Control Systems
- UAS flight experience with helicopter platforms
- US driver's licence
- Any form of pilots license (Rec, Sport, PPL etc.)
- Understanding of ground-to-air communication protocols
- Basic understanding of C++ computer programming
- Linux knowledge
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.