Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are a crucial member of a motivated, creative, and talented Engineering team. You craft amazing internal tools that accelerate the development process to lightspeed. Ultimately, you will be the cornerstone in designing a global hardware and software infrastructure. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement container based software solutions for embedded flight systems.
- Drive software engineering best practices and standards through the development and use of automation tools.
- Build reliable and efficient systems for software deployment to Iris Automation customers around the globe.
- Push software to thousands of customers worldwide.
- Excellent cross-team communications skills and the ability to translate broad requirements into solutions..
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (computer engineering/science) or 4+ years of professional experience
- Comfortable writing Python and Bash scripts in Linux environments.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure; AWS preferred (Google Cloud).
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Deployment; Jenkins & Docker preferred (Travis CI).
- Solid understanding of software testing architectures and methodologies with proven, clean, and well-organized coding practices.
- Experience in software deployment to customers and external partners.
- Experience with ROS and software/firmware deployment to distributed/embedded systems
- Basic knowledge of networking infrastructure
- ROS and software/firmware deployment to distributed/embedded systems
- Coding in C++
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.