Iris Automation engineers are at the center of our core mission: building state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world we live in. As a meaningful member of a motivated, creative, and talented team, you craft amazing internal tools that accelerate the development process to lightspeed. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You design, build, and secure outstanding internal tools used by engineers throughout the company
- You build reliable and efficient systems for software deployment to Iris Automation customers around the globe
- You are comfortable with writing Python and Bash scripts in Linux environments
- You possess knowledge of QT/GTK/.NET and other related frameworks
- You have prior experience in software deployment to customers and external partners
- You demonstrate understanding of software testing architectures and methodologies
- Proven, clean, and well-organized coding practices are second nature for you
- You’ve earned a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related field (computer engineering/science) or have 4+ years of professional experience
- Prior experience with ROS and software/firmware deployment to distributed/embedded systems
- Prior experience coding in C++
About Iris Automation Inc
Collision avoidance systems for industrial drones, unlocking a $100B industry.
Iris Automation Inc is a YC-backed high tech computer vision company that is working to build groundbreaking new ways for drones and unmanned systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, industrial drone systems are not trusted to fly beyond-line-of-sight or be completely autonomous; we are changing that by giving them the ability to intelligently see and react to the physical world. Our product is a sophisticated computer vision algorithm packaged into a physical, plug-and-play perception unit that adds tremendous value to unmanned systems operators as it enables them to overcome regulatory, insurance, trust and safety concerns. The team includes PhDs in Computer Vision, has worked together in the drone industry for the last three years, and combines experience from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, NVIDIA, and leading tech startups.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.