As a testing associate for the remote testing office of a rapidly growing UAS start-up, you’ll have a large impact on the future of the drone industry by assisting with crucial data collection efforts and professionally representing our company in the booming Nevada drone industry. Working for Iris Automation is a rewarding experience where you will have the opportunity to guide a significant step forward in developing our business and accessing new US markets.
This is a full-time (40 hr/week), hourly position at $15.00 per hour.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Assist in the drafting of detailed test plans and safety checklists
- Conduct multiple weekly UAS tests
- Assist with test data organization and classification
- Assist with running a remote office location, including office administration and supplying
- Contribute to the development of a healthy and productive office culture
- Professionally represent Iris Automation when necessary to business partners and regulators
- Other duties as required
- Part 107 Small UAS Remote Pilot Certification
- UAS flight experience with fixed wing and multi-rotor platforms
- UAS maintenance or build experience
- Ability to complete tasks under limited supervision
- Attention to detail and safety
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Proven organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Drive technology suites
- Ability to lift 50lbs comfortably
- Excited to work in a collaborative, small team environment
- Enjoys working in field and office environments
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with Pixhawk Flight Control Systems
- UAS flight experience with helicopter platforms
- US driver's licence
- Any form of pilots license (Rec, Sport, PPL etc.)
- Understanding of ground-to-air communication protocols
- Basic understanding of C++ computer programming
- Linux knowledge
About Iris Automation Inc
Collision avoidance systems for industrial drones, unlocking a $100B industry.
Iris Automation Inc is a venture-backed high tech computer vision company that is working to build groundbreaking new ways for drones and unmanned systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, industrial drone systems are not trusted to fly beyond-line-of-sight or be completely autonomous; we are changing that by giving them the ability to intelligently see and react to the physical world. Our product is a sophisticated computer vision algorithm packaged into a physical, plug-and-play perception unit that adds tremendous value to unmanned systems operators as it enables them to overcome regulatory, insurance, trust and safety concerns. The team includes PhDs in Computer Vision, has worked together in the drone industry for the last three years, and combines experience from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, NVIDIA, and leading tech startups.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.