Iris Automation engineers are at the center of our core mission: building state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world we live in. As a meaningful member of a motivated, creative, and talented team, you implement the backbone of the Iris Collision Avoidance system. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Leading hardware integrations and embedded systems development
- Building and improving internal tools for handling test and customer flight data
- Participating in broad design review, helping to select and develop key components and assets
- Proficiency in writing clean, well organized C++ code with appropriate abstraction boundaries
- Prior experience with embedded systems, Linux, and hardware interfaces
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of system-level design choices and trade-offs
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related field (computer engineering/science) or 4+ years of professional experience
- Prior experience with ROS, GPU programming/CUDA, and/or QT or GTK
- Prior experience working with cameras and other sensing modalities in embedded environments
- Prior experience with automated test environments
- Working understanding of Python, Bash scripting
About Iris Automation Inc
Collision avoidance systems for industrial drones, unlocking a $100B industry.
Iris Automation Inc is a venture-backed high tech computer vision company that is working to build groundbreaking new ways for drones and unmanned systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, industrial drone systems are not trusted to fly beyond-line-of-sight or be completely autonomous; we are changing that by giving them the ability to intelligently see and react to the physical world. Our product is a sophisticated computer vision algorithm packaged into a physical, plug-and-play perception unit that adds tremendous value to unmanned systems operators as it enables them to overcome regulatory, insurance, trust and safety concerns. The team includes PhDs in Computer Vision, has worked together in the drone industry for the last three years, and combines experience from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, NVIDIA, and leading tech startups.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.