Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
As a Research Engineer you will be at the center of our core mission, building state of the art technologies. You will be researching new and innovative computer vision and machine learning solutions to perception problems in autonomous drones.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft, implement and test computer vision and deep learning algorithms for tasks such as object detection, object tracking, image segmentation, optical flow, multi-view estimations, object classification, and pose estimation.
- Generate innovative ideas and build them into systems delivered to customers.
- Investigate, prioritize, and implement process changes to address data problems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD or Masters degree in a related field (Mathematics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/AI) or equivalent professional experience (4+ years).
- Extensive prior experience with Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
- Advanced proficiency with Python and C++ programming.
- Prior exposure to a minimum of three of the following subjects: optical flow, 3D reconstruction, object tracking, feature detection, object detection, object classification, pose estimation, GANs.
- Ability to quickly iterate real-world solutions based on theoretical understanding.
- Experience with drones, cameras, or mobile robotics.
- Experience working with simulators to generate large amounts of data.
- Familiarity with Nvidia TensorRT library.
- Knowledge of sensor fusion.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.