Iris Automation Inc is a Y-Combinator and Series A start-up in the computer vision technology sector and preparing to unlock a $100B industry. Our core mission is to enable autonomous flights to perceive, understand, and navigate the world in which we live.
We are paving and leading revolutionary new ways for unmanned aerial systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, our researchers and engineers are building capabilities for commercial-grade drones to be completely autonomous, flying beyond-line-of-sight.
Unlocking an industry is challenging work. We have motivated, creative, and talented team members working together with combined experiences from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Nvidia, and other leading tech startups. We take it on as a team, through collaboration and building our community both in and outside the office. We are a close-knit team of experts in our field - come and make history with us.
As our Senior Computer Vision Engineer with a focus on AI research, you will be at the center of our core mission, building state of the art technologies. You will be a meaningful leader in researching and implementing computer vision algorithms that form the backbone of the Iris Automation Collision Avoidance system. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft, implement and test computer vision and deep learning algorithms for tasks, i.e., tracking, segmentation, optical flow, multi-view estimations, classification, pose estimation, detection and others.
- Research new and innovative computer vision and machine learning solutions to sensing and avoidance problems in autonomous drones.
- Identify and implement system performance metrics.
- Facilitate projects from ideas to working systems delivered to customers.
- Detect and understand data problems and requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD or Masters degree in a related field (mathematics, computer vision, machine learning/AI) or equivalent professional experience (4+ years).
- Extensive prior experience with Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
- Solid knowledge of a deep learning framework (TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch...).
- Solid knowledge of computer vision libraries (OpenCV).
- Advanced proficiency with python and C++ programming.
- Prior exposure to a minimum of three of the following subjects: optical flow, 3D reconstruction, object tracking, feature detection, object detection, object classification, GANs.
- Ability to quickly iterate real-world solutions based on theoretical understanding.
- Comfortable driving to results under uncertainty.
- Ability to prioritize and implement changes to data processes.
- Passion for, and prior experience with, drones or mobile robotics.
- Experience working with simulators to obtain large amounts of data.
- Familiarity with Nvidia TensorRT library.
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Knowledge of sensor fusion.
- Working understanding of ROS.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.