Iris Automation engineers are at the center of our core mission: building state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world we live in. As a meaningful leader in a motivated, creative, and talented team, you research and implement computer vision algorithms that form the backbone of the Iris Automation Collision Avoidance system. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Working in the dynamic drone industry; crafting, implementing and testing computer vision algorithms for tasks such as tracking, segmentation, optical flow and multi-view estimations.
- Researching new and innovative computer vision solutions to sensing and avoidance problems in autonomous vehicles.
- A PhD or Masters degree in a related field (mathematics, computer vision, machine learning/AI) or equivalent professional experience (4+ years)
- Extensive prior experience with OpenCV and other computer vision tools
- Prior exposure to a minimum of one of the following subjects: optical flow, 3D reconstruction, object tracking, feature detection
- Advanced proficiency with C++ programming
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Ability to quickly iterate real-world solutions based on theoretical understanding
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Knowledge of sensor fusion
- Prior experience working with machine learning/deep learning algorithms
- Working understanding of ROS
- Passion for, and prior experience with, drones or mobile robotics
About Iris Automation Inc
Collision avoidance systems for industrial drones, unlocking a $100B industry.
Iris Automation Inc is a venture-backed high tech computer vision company that is working to build groundbreaking new ways for drones and unmanned systems to perceive and navigate the world. Currently, industrial drone systems are not trusted to fly beyond-line-of-sight or be completely autonomous; we are changing that by giving them the ability to intelligently see and react to the physical world. Our product is a sophisticated computer vision algorithm packaged into a physical, plug-and-play perception unit that adds tremendous value to unmanned systems operators as it enables them to overcome regulatory, insurance, trust and safety concerns. The team includes PhDs in Computer Vision, has worked together in the drone industry for the last three years, and combines experience from NASA, Boeing, Airbus, NVIDIA, and leading tech startups.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.