What We Do:
iQmetrix’s intelligent retail management software is designed to power sales of connected devices. Our best-in-class software is built around enabling retailers to deliver a buy-anywhere strategy for a consistent customer experience—in-store, online, and anywhere else. iQmetrix’s retail management solutions powered $15.5BN in sales last year, and are used by 320,000 retail professionals across 1,000 clients. We are a privately held software-as-a-service (SaaS) company with offices across Canada, the US and India. Learn more at iQmetrix.com.
How We Do It:
We are on a self-management journey. As we work to move away from the restrictions of hierarchy, teams are building collaborative peer-based networks where there are no bosses. Decisions are meant to be distributed to the people who are best able to make the decisions which means more freedom for individuals to contribute at their highest levels. We are purpose-driven, helping individuals connect to the meaning in their day-to-day work. Additionally, we are currently on the road to building a diverse and inclusive environment. Working at iQmetrix means always looking at ways to be better.
Reports To: Senior Technical Manager
As a part of the Engineering team, we work on the Onboarding Portal which is used by the companies within the Chrysalis ecosystem to onboard a customer to Adyen (This is another payment company that we are integrating with) which will be used in building the payment processing solution.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for the software development, prototyping, functional analysis, integration and testing of enterprise applications at a world class level in quality.
- Building highly responsive web-based applications using cutting-edge technologies.
- Responsible for Software development, prototyping, functional analysis, integration and testing.
- Responsible for design and development of databases, preferably using SQL server or other relational databases.
- Performing data queries and manipulations efficiently with LINQ (Language Integrated Query)
- Integrating web services and API’s including RESTful APIs with third-party systems and services.
- Will be part of a skilled team of developers which solves complex problems for our clients while creating an excellent client experience.
- Will grow and share your skills by working as a part of the team while striving to find the best solutions.
- Will commit to continuous improvement and strive to work toward making you and your team better.
- 4+ years in C# programming and the .NET framework.
- Individual who believes in sharing and has the ability to peer review other engineer’s code constructively.
- Eager to learn, develop new skills and competencies and help others do the same.
- Proactive and highly skilled at problem solving, unit-testing and debugging.
- Learning business objectives quickly by reading requirements, engaging in conversations, or reverse engineering
- Going through the induction process which involves meeting with the team, understanding iQmetrix’s core values, going through the high-level training in which one can learn about products, methodologies/processes and everyday tools/technologies being used at high level.
- Understanding Onboarding Portal and its integration to Adyen and merchants (Cova, Ready) in detail.
- Diving a bit deeper into the technical side of the products. Going through architecture/engineering/technology overview.
- Attending team meetings (Daily stand-ups, planning, demos etc.)
- Attending code walk-through sessions and understanding technical concepts used.
- Setting up development environment & tools and starting with building small features.
- Continue building small features while exploring various modules of the project.
- Undergoing training on the advanced technical concepts and areas of the project.
- Diving deeper into the code, advanced functions of the project and the various components.
- Work with Product Owner, QA Analysts and other product stakeholders to implement application software/code based on varying levels of written requirements and verbal input/guidance.
- Getting familiar with all the modules of the product with the guidance from the technical experts.
- Building advanced features and reusable components
- Peer review code from the team to ensure it meets our code quality standards.
- Act as one of the main engineers with Scrum Master to effectively analyze, break down and estimate work.
- Striving to master the product and the codebase, giving recommendations to improve the product and performance of the application.
What We Offer
- Begin your journey with a competitive starting salary!
- Enjoy peace of mind with a comprehensive benefits package, covering medical, vision, and dental premiums for you and your entire family.
- Embrace work-life harmony with a flexible remote-first hybrid working environment and our trusted vacation and trusted sick program.
- Invest in your future with our RRSP/401K and Share Ownership plans. What's even better? We offer a match program!.
- We care about your family, offering maternity, adoption, and paternity leave salary top ups as well as ten “New Baby Days” for all parents welcoming a new child into their life.
- Enjoy a “Cultural Day” off annually to celebrate a day of religious or cultural significance.
- Give back with up to 6 days of paid time off annually for volunteering or personal learning.
- We believe in the value of taking time to refresh, re-energize, and reflect on your career journey. Employees are granted a seven-week sabbatical after every seven years of employment!
What is an iQer?
An iQer is a term, used daily across all iQmetrix locations, is someone who works for iQmetrix. Sounds simple, but there’s more to being an iQer than meets the eye!
If you’re an iQer, you approach problems with humility and an open mind. You’re a go-getter who doesn’t wait around to be told what do to. Whether it’s on your own or with a team, you aren’t afraid to try new things, fail, succeed, and improve along the way. Your team, the company, and the well-being of others come before your personal agenda—you’re an ally to your colleagues and the community.
The world changes fast and, as an iQer, you’re ready to adapt. You recognize diversity in the world, listen to others, and consider all perspectives.
Want to Join the Team?
If you’re interested in a career with iQmetrix, please submit your resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, faith, colour, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are a hybrid work environment, remote and in-office for all employees in an office city.