Aspire Living & Learning is currently hiring for FT & PT 2nd shift position in Hamden.
Payrate is $14.75/hr
We are seeking motivated and dedicated Direct Support Professionals who want to make a difference in the lives of many. This role is essential to provide day-to-day support to individuals with intellectual disabilities in a group home setting.
What you’ll do:
- Help and guide individuals with daily living skills.
- Provide an opportunity for growth by working on their individual goals and plans.
- Assist in day-to-day needs such as personal hygiene, meal preparation and
- Seeking out opportunities for community based activities for the individuals to
- Help to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our individuals.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who can think outside the box
- A passion and dedication to help others
- Eagerness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- And 18 years or older
- Continued training and development to give your career a great start
- Medication Certification and CPR
- Excellent benefits for full time employees such as Medical & Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick time, Paid Holidays & Tuition Reimbursement
Aspire Living & Learning believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.