Peer Support Professional (Bel Air, MD): The Peer Support Professional will support adults with autism at Day Options, in the community, and employment environments. The position is 30 hours per week and will report to the Director of Day Options and assist the Clinical Director in overseeing quality services.
Essential Job Functions: Under the Supervision of the Director of Day Options, the Peer Support Professional will support individuals by:
- Assist individuals with supported employment, community outings, and social skills training.
- Assist individuals with supported employment by working with individuals with job searches, completing applications, developing interview skills, and on the job training.
- Assist individuals with understanding the job, duties and the work environment, while maintaining a positive business relationship with the employer and the community to ensure successful placement for both the individual and business.
- Act as a peer counselor to individuals.
- Coordinate and/or provide transportation for individuals, while also educating individuals on mobility options.
- Ensure that all materials needed for the individuals weekly routine are prepared and ready for use. (e.g. schedule, communications, etc.)
- Assist individuals to plan and participate in meaningful activities in the community.
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living. (e.g. cooking, folding clothes, grocery shopping, etc.
Administrative duties as follows:
- Complete required documentation daily, weekly and/or monthly for assigned individuals.
- Complete daily behavior and program data.
- Ensure that the individuals schedule is current. Inform the Director of Day Options of any issues, concerns or questions.
- Meet with Director of Day Options and the Clinical Director to discuss individual progress and needs.
- Participate in individual plan (IP) meetings with individuals, parents, and other professionals as needed.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time position with paid training and benefits.
- Excellent benefits for full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with an immediate company match
- Generous paid time off
- 11.5 paid holidays for full-time staff