Feel great about where you work and let Aspire Living and Learning be the place your career takes flight.
With decades of experience and under a new name, Aspire Living and Learning is helping individuals live their best lives. We are a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities.
Peer Support Professional (Bel Air, MD): The Peer Support Professional will support adults with autism at Day Options, in the community, and employment environments. The position is 30 hours per week and will report to the Director of Day Options and assist the Clinical Director in overseeing quality services.
Essential Job Functions: Under the Supervision of the Director of Day Options, the Peer Support Professional will support individuals by:
- Assist individuals with supported employment, community outings, and social skills training.
- Assist individuals with supported employment by working with individuals with job searches, completing applications, developing interview skills, and on the job training.
- Assist individuals with understanding the job, duties and the work environment, while maintaining a positive business relationship with the employer and the community to ensure successful placement for both the individual and business.
- Act as a peer counselor to individuals.
- Coordinate and/or provide transportation for individuals, while also educating individuals on mobility options.
- Ensure that all materials needed for the individuals weekly routine are prepared and ready for use. (e.g. schedule, communications, etc.)
- Assist individuals to plan and participate in meaningful activities in the community.
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living. (e.g. cooking, folding clothes, grocery shopping, etc.
Administrative duties as follows:
- Complete required documentation daily, weekly and/or monthly for assigned individuals.
- Complete daily behavior and program data.
- Ensure that the individuals schedule is current. Inform the Director of Day Options of any issues, concerns or questions.
- Meet with Director of Day Options and the Clinical Director to discuss individual progress and needs.
- Participate in individual plan (IP) meetings with individuals, parents, and other professionals as needed.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time position with paid training and benefits.
- Excellent benefits for full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with an immediate company match
- Generous paid time off
- 11.5 paid holidays for full-time staff
If you want to join us in making a difference and positively impact the lives of others while charting your own path of development, then we at the Aspire team would love to hear from you.
Aspire believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.