Feel great about where you work and let Aspire Living & Learning be the place your career takes flight.
With decades of experience and under a new name, Aspire Living & Learning is helping individuals live their best lives. We are a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities.
The Job Coach position is located in Bel Air, MD. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Day Options is looking for a group of committed, skilled and ambitious team members who have a passion for supporting individuals with Autism and/or Developmental Disabilities with vocational skills.
Our team members help the individuals we support “Discover their passion”.
A Job Coach:
- Is a team member who will help people that our agency supports learn and perform specific work duties.
- May work with individuals one-on-one and/or in a small group
- Will inform individuals of the appropriate attire they are required to wear, their work schedule time.
- Can provide counseling on ways to manage, save and spend earnings.
- Provide transportation and assistance for individuals with Community Outings (supervision of participants while in the community)
- Routinely monitor and record vocational progress and data
- Assist individuals with developing and improving their Vocational and Employment skills
- Provide redirection and emotional support as needed
- Deescalate any potential crisis with counseling-(Pro-Active support)
- Report general observations and changes in behaviors as needed
- Support individuals with learning workplace safety skills
Full-time position with paid training and benefits.
- Excellent benefits for full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with an immediate company match
- Generous paid time off
- 11.5 paid holidays for full-time staff
If you want to join us in making a difference and positively impact the lives of others while charting your own path of development, then we at the Aspire team would love to hear from you.
Aspire believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.