Inyova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Through the Inyova platform, people can invest their money in companies that represent the causes they care about (like sustainability, gender equality, etc.) – without sacrificing returns along the way. Inyova stands for “invest in your values” and we’re on a mission to make impact investing mainstream.
We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Inyova Engineering team. As part of the engineering team, you will be working on various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems.
Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. You will be working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams, data scientists/analysts, and architects on several projects. You’re successful if every team at Inyova can work with data that is manageable and efficient to query.
More concretely, you will…
- … analyze and organize raw data.
- … build data systems and pipelines to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and GCP or open-source managed services.
- … automate internal processes for data delivery, accessibility, and scalability.
- … build algorithms and prototypes.
- … implement ways to improve data quality, reliability, and security
As an integral part of our engineering team your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail, and your excellent problem-solving and communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- You may have completed a computer science, business informatics, or a comparable degree, otherwise, you have equivalent experience
- Excited about the Inyova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- Naturally curious about sustainability in investments, with a strong interest in data-driven decision-making.
- Able to do thorough, clean work with an eagle eye for details and excellent time management.
- You are a great communicator, capable of working and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have a proficiency level in English, German and/or French are a plus.
- Someone who is a lot of fun to work with.
- You have the following technical skills:
- Knowledge of software engineering and programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby), preferably with Python with pandas for manipulating and analyzing real-world datasets
- Extensive experience with SQL, especially Postgresql
- Hands-on experience working with a Data warehouse (e.g. BigQuery)
- Experience running containerized workloads.
- Proficient with version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing, and agile development processes.
- An advantage if you:
- … have a Professional Data Engineer Certification
- … have experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow)
- … have hands-on experience with cloud services, preferably in the Google Cloud Platform universe (e.g. CloudRun, Kubernetes, etc.)
What we offer
You will join one of the hottest fin-techs and sustainability ventures in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from the leadership team.
Specifically, you will…
- …work on a variety of challenging and novel problems
- …have the opportunity to define and implement how we become a data-driven organization.
- …continuous track of your professional development goals
- …define and work towards your own goals
- …join a company with a strong purpose
- …work in a fun environment with inspiring colleagues from all practices (investment office, marketing, customer success, design)
- …get first-hand experience in a challenging startup environment
- …work from the center of Zurich or Frankfurt, with options to work from home / remote
- …receive an attractive compensation package
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Zurich / Frankfurt / Berlin (flexible within Europe)