Inyova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Through the Inyova platform, people can invest their money in companies that represent the causes they care about (like sustainability, gender equality, etc.) – without sacrificing returns along the way. Inyova stands for “invest in your values” and we’re on a mission to make impact investing mainstream.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern for the Inyova development team. As part of the engineering team you will be working on our web application API, providing customers a lovely journey in our app, while also having to integrate with other third-party software systems. You will be working in close collaboration with the rest of the team and you will receive guidance and will be able to learn from our more experienced engineers.
- You will be working on the codebase of our web application to continuously improve and extend our features.
- You will be working side by side with our experienced development team receiving coaching and guidance.
- You will bring in your own ideas and get support to accomplish them.
- You will be writing high-quality and clean code ranging from the implementation of new features to code refactoring that makes the application more stable and efficient.
- You will be involved in code reviews.
- You will write unit tests for your code.
As an integral part of our engineering team your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You are excited about the Inyova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- You are proactive and eager to learn and develop as a professional.
- You may have completed or you are finishing a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have the following technical skills:
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, development and testing methodologies.
- An understanding of or experience with client-server architectures and relational databases.
- An understanding of or experience with REST APIs
- An understanding of or experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- An understanding of or experience with Agile development methodology
- Optional skills that are a plus:
- Ruby on Rails
- You are an open-minded, team-oriented person.
- You enjoy solving problems, providing feedback and continuously improving your skills.
- You are fully proficient in English.
What we offer
You will join one of the hottest fin-techs in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
Specifically, you will…
- …work on a variety of challenging and novel problems
- …use cutting-edge technologies, mainly Angular, Ionic and Ruby on Rails
- …work with our most talented engineers and receive coaching from our management and senior engineers
- …continuous track of your professional development goals
- …define and work toward your own goals
- …join a company with a strong purpose
- …work in a fun environment with inspiring colleagues from all practices (investment office, marketing, customer success, design)
- …get first-hand experience in a challenging startup environment
- …work from the center of Zurich, with options to work from home / remote
- …receive an attractive compensation package
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Zurich / Frankfurt or flexible within Europe