Inyova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Through the Inyova platform, people can invest their money in companies that represent the causes they care about (like sustainability, gender equality, etc.) – without sacrificing returns along the way. Inyova stands for “invest in your values” and we’re on a mission to make impact investing mainstream.
We are looking for a Backend Developer for Inyova’s Investment Office. As part of the engineering team, you will be working on tools that enable us to create & manage thousands of customer portfolios at the same time.
More concretely, you will…
- …work on the core of Inyova’s backend tech: the portfolio generation engine
- …improve what enables Inyova to manage thousands of portfolios: the trading module
- …make our investment tools fast and reliable
- …communicate and collaborate closely with the Investment Office team and Product Owner to achieve great feature planning and design.
As an integral part of our engineering team, your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail, and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You are an A-Player engineer
- You have completed a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have 2+ years of professional programming experience.
- You are a strong analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems. You enjoy paying meticulous attention to detail.
- You are good at breaking down complex problems and making them understandable to non-techies.
- You have the following technical skills:
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with client-server architectures and application development
- Experience using relational databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with writing automated tests
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Agile development methodology
- Advantage is a knowledge or experience with:
- Other backend languages, especially Python
- Software performance issues
- Background processing libraries such as DelayedJobs or Sidekiq
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes + Google Cloud)
- Angular or other frontend languages
- You are fully proficient in English.
What we offer
You will join one of the hottest fin-techs in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
Specifically, you will…
- …work on a variety of challenging and novel problems
- …use cutting-edge technologies, mainly Angular and Ruby on Rails
- …work with our most talented engineers and receive coaching from our management and senior engineers
- …have monthly professional development sessions
- …define and work toward your own goals
- …join a company with a strong purpose
- …work in a fun environment with inspiring colleagues from all practices (investment office, marketing, customer success, design)
- …get first-hand experience in a challenging startup environment
- …work in a remote-friendly company, with offices in Zurich and Frankfurt
- …receive an attractive compensation package
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Zurich / Frankfurt or flexible within Europe