Our mission is to empower people to take control of their health with pioneering science, intuitive devices, and compassionate analysts. Our vision is a healthier, happier world where everyone understands their wellness condition and feels empowered to act upon it.
The scientist will join the R&D team as a subject matter expert to lead early (pre-design control) initiatives centered around biomarker sensing, with exposure to areas across the product development lifecycle. Will have exposure to both clinical and device engineering teams.
- Translate product requirements and strategy into engineering specifications.
- Lead engineering projects that span research, development, pilot production, and sustaining engineering under the supervisions of the Director of Engineering
- Work closely with the team in enabling biosensing features across multiple modalities
- Author reports in compliance with the design history file
- Maintain laboratory notebook
- Author project development plans, budgets, design of experiments, with minimal supervision
- Stay current with latest literature in biomarker sensing capabilities and approaches
- Manage chemistry lab and ensure compliance with waste streams, material handling, chemical storage, etc.
- This role will have considerable autonomy to pursue research
- MS/PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field with post PhD experience required for senior level
- Expertise in surface science, organic chemistry, and surface modification procedures
- Experience with prototyping (machining, 3D printing) and working with rapid prototyping groups
Strong communication and technical writing skills
High level hands-on contributor, and must be able to work as part of multidisciplinary team with minimal supervision
- Independently plan and execute research projects to answer questions
- Quickly test creative approaches to solve challenging process chemistry problems
- Initiative to develop ideas into research projects
Invoy’s Core Values and the Reasons We Love it Here
Lifelong Learning. To disrupt an industry that impacts hundreds of millions of lives, we must value knowledge and education and be willing to learn as we execute.
Data-Driven. Too long has weight loss been plagued by loosely formed hypotheses with little underlying proof. We run experiments. We analyze data. We look for trends. We connect the dots.
Compassionate. Health is deeply personal. To truly make a difference, we must be trustworthy and provide an experience that is valuable and meaningful.
Bold. We seek to make a major, lasting impact on health. We must try new ideas and be bold. Bold is not the same as arrogant.
We are currently growing at an exponential rate and need someone who is willing to go above and beyond their normal job responsibilities. If you want to make a difference in the wellness sector and need an opportunity to learn, give back to society and grow, Invoy is the place for you.