At Invoke, our mission is to Have Fun Building Great Games.
We believe the best games come from people who love what they do, in an environment that values them and their ideas. That’s why we make games that our younger selves used to dream about. And we make sure that everyone has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success. Being part of Wizards of the Coast, we get to contribute to a collection of games that have inspired players and developers for decades.
At Invoke, you get to play your part as a valued member of an open and dedicated team within a magical world!
Invoke is looking for a Technical Architect with a broad knowledge of game systems (3D/Rendering, AI, Animation, Game Mechanics, Tools, MP/Online, Networking infrastructure) who is at ease in overseeing the design and implementation of large-scale codebase.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical direction for all gameplay, engine, tool, runtime, pipeline, networking, etc. systems;
- Identify opportunities and room for improvement in our current codebase and in our engine (Unreal Engine 5);
- Optimize and maintain the software architecture of the game, technology, pipeline and tools;
- Support a team of programmers throughout the phases of the project;
- Define the long term strategic goals for engine, technology and processes and build sound architectures to support them;
- Collaborate with the team of engineers to guide technical designs, establish code framework and standards, check-in process, code reviews, etc.;
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical work;
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions;
- Defend standard software development processes and best practices against requirements, design, implementation and testing.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years developing multiple AAA titles (C/C++ & UE preferred);
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience as a technical director or architect in the production of large, high-quality games;
- Experience with multi-threading;
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, spanning client (rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, asset management), server and infrastructure; deep knowledge of at least one client domain;
- Constantly innovating on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical and proactive problem-solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions;
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Invoke commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following: age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.