At Invoke, our mission is to Have Fun Building Great Games.
We believe the best games come from people who love what they do, in an environment that values them and their ideas. That’s why we make games that our younger selves used to dream about. And we make sure that everyone has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success. Being part of Wizards of the Coast, we get to contribute to a collection of games that have inspired players and developers for decades.
At Invoke, you get to play your part as a valued member of an open and dedicated team within a magical world!
Invoke is looking for an Technical Art Director. This role will be part of the core design team, collaborating with other designers, artists, and engineers to be the glue between vision and implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with game leadership to develop the overall vision & determine technical feasibility.
- Build up and maintain detailed documentation for all owned features, leaving no pathways unexplored.
- Evaluate the game's vision, design and technical needs and identify risks and mitigation plans.
- Work closely with programmers to assess existing art tools + occasionally design custom ones to improve pipelines.
- Support artists with their technical needs + informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks, blockers, etc.
- Train team members on tools and techniques + raise awareness of new processes.
- Resolve complex, escalated issues & make technical validations.
- Work with engineers to assess art tools.
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices + share them with our studios and the industry.
- Responsible for performance metrics with regards to art.
- Evaluate, design and develop the pipelines within the art team and between other departments for ingame integration.
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback and suggestions to other members of the team.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years experience developing AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience as an Art Technical Director on AAA titles.
- Proficient with Unreal Engine, Maya, Python, Substance Designer & Painter, Speedtree and Houdini.
- Strong analytical skills and a love for efficient problem solving.
- Positive, direct, collaborative communication to improve our shared vision.
- Flexible, adaptable approach with a constant appetite for new knowledge and experiences.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, able to manage a feature from start to finish but also know when to ask for mentorship or help.
- Ability to program or edit scripts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Invoke commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following: age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.