InvoiceCloud, an EngageSmart solution, is a leading provider of online bill payment services. Founded in 2009, the company has grown to be one of the leading disruptors in the cloud-based electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP) space, helping institutions put customer experience first. By switching to InvoiceCloud, clients can improve customer engagement, loyalty, and efficiency while reducing churn and missed payments in the process. With over 50 million payments processed annually, InvoiceCloud is one of the most secure, innovative, and inclusive fintech solutions in the market. To learn more, visit www.InvoiceCloud.com.
The Platform Engineering team at Invoice Cloud is dedicated to the design, build, and evolution of the end-to-end automated testing platform supporting the entire SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform used by thousands of businesses and millions of customers. The Software Engineer (Quality) will play a key hands-on development role in building and growing automation frameworks.. You will also own entire lifecycle (design, document, develop, maintain, publish, and run) of automated test development, configuration & related automated deployment pipelines within assigned agile team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about releasing high quality, customer experience, SaaS products in a highly scalable, reliable, and secure manner, leveraging agile test driven development practices. We are looking for a strong business and technical problem solver, with understanding of quality engineering within the SDLC life cycle.
Outcomes and Responsibilities:
- The Software Engineer (Quality) will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Drive a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and pride in the entire full stack agile team for the overall quality of the product.
- Work on the total lifecycle of application and infrastructure services from inception to operations and monitoring(all aspects of automation in DevOps delivery pipeline.
- Develop and maintain automated build, testing and deployment scripts and configurations that serve as frameworks and solutions for agile
- Setting up, maintaining, and operating test automation frameworks supporting multiple application platforms, such as Databases, Web, Mobile, APIs/Microservices (CNCF)
- Develops test system configurations, test data as code and automated functional and non-functional (load/performance) testing scripts.
- Performs test executions and writes test scripts for complex integrated systems supporting end-end verification and
- Defines and manages software test environments as configurations/code supporting various architectures.
- Write well-designed, readable, maintainable testing code, patterns and frameworks supporting internal services with focus to increase automated test coverage of code.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to analyze current manual processes and determine options to
- Work closely and collaboratively with in full stack agile engineering team to establish and automate the necessary quality standards, requirements with a strong bias to reduce manual testing effort and continuously increasing confidence in software releases.
- Play a supporting role in planning, scoping, estimating, and validating prioritized testing requirements for all on-going feature development in the scrum
- Work closely with teams to troubleshoot and resolve application and infrastructure
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate within and across all internal teams.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Adhere to testing standards, best practices, and operational procedures for releases.
- Ensure application releases occur regularly, timely and with high quality.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open, transparent, and consistent exchange with key stakeholders.
- Keep up to date on industry trends, new tools, and technologies with respect to Continuous Delivery.
- Learn new tools and scripting languages as
- Perform periodic on-call support for after-hours deployment/maintenance windows.
- Coach, mentor and help peers.
- Report progress on work items as it happens, via work item notes, and as requested.
Who We Seek:
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in quality engineering practices, test automation (unit, API testing, acceptance testing, performance testing)supporting continuous releases.
- 3-5+years of experience with technologies and tools such as
- Jira, Jfrog Artifactory, Jenkins/Azure DevOps, Terraform, InSpec, Selenium, Jmeter, NeoLoad, Postman, SOAPUI, Sonarqube, Docker, Cucumber, Specflow, Chai, Mocha, Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- Experience in agile software delivery practices like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution while building modern test frameworks and infrastructure iteratively.
- Expertise in data structures and programming language principles.
- Experience designing, coding, building, and testing software or systems.
- Experience with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD/BDD) and continuous integration patterns/solutions.
- Technical background in quality engineering tools supporting SaaS based products, such as modern web applications, APIs (Soap, Rest etc.), database and cloud infrastructure testing.
- Familiarity of software security best practices (OWASP Top 10) and implementing quality and security gates within software delivery.
- Experience with networking, storage, operating systems, databases (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technology vendors such as AWS, GCP.
- Understanding of scalable, distributed systems using microservices and event-driven architecture.
- Understanding of transactional databases.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction.
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit.
Other desirable/ advantageous skills and experience…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or, Business Information Systems
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.