SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat, traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Our Accessioning team is the first stop on a sample’s journey through Invitae. The team is responsible for preparing samples for analysis and testing by linking the sample to patient and clinician records, ensuring sample integrity and kicking off our lab process. The team is a great entry to Invitae and the field of genetic medicine for those interested in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Our Laboratory Accessioning Associates are responsible for preparing laboratory specimens prior to laboratory analysis and testing. This individual should have excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. This role requires being on-site at our SF office location, with either a Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday schedule. Flexibility and ability to work overtime is required when needed by the team.
What you’ll do:
- Accessioning patient samples in a CAP and CLIA certified BSL-2 lab
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and reporting these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Work with our Client Services team to resolve missing information cases, data discrepancies and any other issues related to sample processing within the lab
- Assist in general upkeep of the laboratory (i.e., organizing, stocking, lab equipment maintenance)
- Maintain strict standards of quality and assist with QC and QA activities
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintain documentation of all communications in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the team leader
What you bring:
- Basic laboratory, data entry, and computer skills
- A desire to be a part of a fast-paced production team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and desire to work with a dynamic team
- Flexible schedule and availability to work overtime as needed, and availability during most holidays
- Bachelor's degree in science and/or clinical laboratory related studies preferred
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.