Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Molecular Geneticist/Pathologist to join the Team at the Laboratory located in Golden, Co. This individual will serve as the Associate Director and will be responsible for clinical and technical oversight of the laboratory operations. Candidates should have a strong understanding of NGS diagnostic testing.
The Assistant/Associate Director will work closely with the Laboratory Director to provide clinical and technical leadership to the laboratory team and oversee clinical and clinical research oncology testing services.
- Provide effective and efficient technical and clinical oversight to the laboratory.
- Interpret clinical NGS tests and prepare and sign out reports with the Clinical operations team.
- Provide advice to clients regarding the significance of laboratory findings and ensure that reports of test results include pertinent information required for specific patient interpretation.
- Identify, annotate and investigate the clinical significance of genetic variants found in NGS-based molecular assays for somatic variants from tumor sequencing.
- Work closely with the Laboratory Director to develop and validate new molecular tests.
- Assist in creation and dissemination of precision medicine knowledge of variant-disease associations in the context of disease, reasons for testing.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with applicable accrediting and regulatory agencies, administrative officials, and the medical community.
- The Assistant/Associate director, if qualified, may perform the duties of the technical supervisor, clinical consultant, general supervisor, and testing personnel, or delegate these responsibilities to personnel meeting the qualifications.
- May perform responsibilities specifically delegated by the Laboratory Director.
- With the Laboratory Director, Ensure that the environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees and visitors are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards.
- In collaboration with the Laboratory Director and quality assurance department, ensure and monitor the quality control and quality assessment programs established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Ensure that all necessary remedial actions are taken and documented whenever significant deviations from the laboratory's established performance characteristics are identified, and that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
- May serve as the principal investigator on clinical and research study protocols.
- MD or PhD in biology, genetics, biochemistry, or a related field.
- ABMGG Board certified (or eligible) in Clinical Molecular Genetics, or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics, or Molecular Genomic Pathology.
- New York State Certificate of Qualification or eligibility in genetic testing or Oncology Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers.
- Experience in the performance, interpretation, and reporting of Next Generation Sequencing data
- Prior experience working in a high-volume molecular diagnostic/clinical laboratory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills are essential for this role.
- Displays level headedness and emotional intelligence when interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple high priority projects and challenging/high demand clients.
- Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $150,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.