Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Field Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation / customer requirement stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our Analytics Solution.
- Understanding our customer needs will be your key focus.
- You must be able to articulate our technology and software product to new and existing customers who are made up of both technical and non-technical users.
- You must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- You must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- You will assist in resolving technical issues post implementation as necessary.
- You will understand the bioinformatics-related questions and provide solutions to the customer in Archer Analysis. Train the customer on how to use the solution in Archer Analysis.
- You will be able to demo the Archer Analysis software and give data reviews for the customers.
- You will be responsible for assisting with the collection of documents for the set up of Analysis Unlimited accounts and for deploying the customer’s Analysis Unlimited account.
- Engage in qualified opportunities as identified by our sales teams, working collaboratively throughout the sales cycle
- Identify requirements of customers, potential and existing, to fully understand their needs. Ensure customer has infrastructure to meet project needs.
- Partner with customers to understand their goals and vision for implementation.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Sales.
- Visit potential and existing customers, either face to face or virtually, to support implementation as required.
- Set reasonable expectations and maintain customer relationships.
- Participate in meetings onsite or at customer locations as needed.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements during product implementation.
- Responsible for demo and product evaluations.
- Prepare and deliver informative presentations/product demonstrations to customers.
- Highlight features of significance to potential customers during demonstrations.
- Deliver effective presentations in person or through webinars.
- Use industry knowledge and language to illustrate our Analytics platform, supporting and empowering the existing customer sales teams.
- Works with Sales and Technical Support teams to ensure proper handoff from completed sale to post sales initiative to ensure proper customer experience is maximized.
- Working with customer and internal IT, address security concerns for both potential and existing customers.
- Assists with updates of customer installations.
- Assist with training customers with the Archer Analysis software.
- Assist with Analysis Unlimited document collection and deployment of Analysis Unlimited.
- Raise the level of understanding for the FAS team thru training as needed.
- Manage contact with assigned customers.
- Maintain a level of company knowledge, product knowledge and selling presentation skills sufficient to obtain maximum closing.
- Maintain accurate progress reports/records for customer and supported sales activities.
- Complete all administrative reports on a timely basis.
- Identify process/product development ideas that would result in cost reduction/new product or improvements.
- Meets and/or exceeds targets as defined.
- Detail Orientated - pays close attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Verbal Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and/or negative situations.
- Written communication – ability to write clear requirements including user stories and acceptance criteria, proposals and contractual documentation.
- Building partnerships – build and maintain partnerships with customers and colleagues.
- Understanding – ability to read, understand, discuss and respond to customer requirement documentation.
- Creative – thinks outside the box and is not afraid to propose new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Presentation skills – building and delivering presentations to diverse audiences.
- Prioritizing – ability to juggle workload and prioritize based on needs of the customer and team.
- Team focused – willing to roll up your sleeves and help colleagues out – even if not part of your job description.Bioinformatics knowledge and skill with NGS data
- Experience presenting and interacting with diverse audiences face to face or through webinars is essential
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with JIRA software preferred
- Comfortable with working in the Linux command line.
- Bioinformatics skills with NGS data
- Experience with genome browser software
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Bachelors’, Masters' or PhD in bioinformatics.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $85,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
This is a remote role, ideally located on the East Coast.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.