Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven genetics testing company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients to use genetic & genomic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. We are seeking an experienced Anatomic & Molecular Pathologist to join our Oncology Team in developing & expanding Invitae’s somatic profiling capabilities.
What you will do:
- Serve as on-site Anatomic & Molecular Pathologist with broad knowledge & experience in the histologic diagnosis of tumors. Review of tumor slides to confirm tumor diagnoses, assess tissue adequacy for NGS, and guide enrichment protocols.
- Provide on-site Histology & IHC lab oversight, IHC validation & interpretation, and guidance in CAP requirements for Anatomic Pathology & IHC.
Support Research & Development
- Support R&D by providing technical expertise in the development & validation of Invitae’s tumor profiling NGS assay. Provide ongoing support for future assay revisions & upgrades.
- Support the Pipeline team by providing technical & clinical expertise during the development of the somatic pipeline and biomarker algorithms. Provide ongoing support for future pipeline revisions & upgrades.
- Support the Clinical Genomics & Bioinformatics teams during development by providing: a) expert content to help build the curation knowledge base, b) expert knowledge on a broad spectrum of tumor types and targeted therapies, c) guidance on interpreting clinical studies & clinical trials used to build the curation knowledge base, d) insights on the clinical utility of reporting strategies, and e) interpretation of clinical practice standards & guidelines (eg - NCCN, CAP, ASCO).
Clinical Genomics / Operations
- Support Clinical Genomics operations after assay launch, by providing clinical & medical expertise to aid variant interpretation, curation, and reporting. Contribute ongoing content & updates to curation knowledge base.
- Participate in operations after assay launch: a) sign-off on comprehensive tumor profiling reports, b) interpret & report IHC results, c) communicate with ordering physicians to address report findings & questions, d) communicate with outside Pathology labs as needed.
- Participate as outward facing Medical Affairs expert representing Invitae at scientific & medical meetings, with CMS and third party payers, and with the FDA.
- Participate as outward facing Medical Affairs expert in developing & executing collaborations & publications that utilize & showcase the Invitae somatic tumor profiling platform.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge & expertise in comprehensive genomic profiling, cancer research, therapeutic advances, and practice guidelines.
Who you are:
- Degree: MD or DO
- Board Certification: Anatomic Pathology & Molecular Genetic Pathology
- CA State Medical License
- Experience with NGS-based tumor genomic profiling
- At least 3-5 years of practice experience in a clinical setting, including routine diagnosis of solid tumors, IHC interpretation, tumor board participation, and interfacing with treating physicians & proceduralists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Licensures and Certifications:
- Hold or be eligible for NYS Certificate of Qualification in Histopathology & Oncology - Molecular & Cellular Tumor Markers
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.