SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri, traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our development teams design and develop fully-automated, high-throughput next generation sequencing-based genetic tests from concept through commercial launch. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information to doctors and patients.
As part of our Assay Tools team, you will help ensure that we can grow the breadth and scale of genetic tests on our menu. You will apply your knowledge of computer science, statistics, and NGS to analyze, improve, and develop an expanding set of modern assays. You will work and learn among an extraordinary set of peers: bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, and software engineers. Your work will directly impact early development work focused on improving the quality and capability of our products.
What you’ll do:
- Use bioinformatic skills to design and improve assays
- Interface with multifunctional groups to expand the capabilities of assays and their overall quality
- Build new tools to support our growing content
What you will bring:
- You are comfortable working closely with molecular biologists
- Have deep knowledge and experience analyzing NGS data either from industry experience or academia
- Are comfortable reading source code for large open source projects with preference for Python
- Desire to work on applied problems, process improvement and scalability
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and data presentation skills
- Preferably 2+ years experience working within a bioinformatics role but open to less experienced candidates
- Detailed understanding of modern variant calling packages (preferably GATK) is a plus
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.