Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. Our Assay Development and Histology teams play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities.
Invitae seeks a highly motivated, full time experienced Histologist. This individual will utilize their experience in order to perform all testing consistent with established procedures and quality standards and processes within the laboratory. The Histology Laboratory Technician/Technologist will interface directly with laboratory personnel to drive the utmost quality and throughput of Invitae’s offering.
What you will do:
As per CA state and Federal regulations (CLIA), responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must perform clinical patient testing, assay validation testing and quality control testing along with applicable assay documentation according to all laboratory procedures under the direct supervision of a General and/or Technical Supervisor unless they too qualify for that position
- Collaborate with research and development personnel in the development and optimization of new histology protocols and clinical assays
- Responsible for following laboratory procedures and schedules for specimen handling and processing, test performance, analyses, and reporting and maintaining records of patient test results as well as all safety and compliance regulations
- Identify process issues and assist with process improvement activities in support of overall lab improvement
- Duties will be performed in a clinical laboratory. No direct patient contact will occur or be expected.
Who you are:
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in biological science or other related discipline required
- American Society of Clinical Pathology Histotechnician (HT-ASCP) or Histotechnologist (HTL-ASCP)
- 1-4 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting performing CLIA high complexity testing (CAP accredited laboratory experience a plus)
- Experienced user of high-throughput systems that integrate with using commercial or custom LIMS software
- Knowledge of automated slide staining systems is a plus
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent organizational, time-management skills and highest attention to detail
- Superior oral and written communication skills
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization. At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.