InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we've learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
InVision is a globally distributed, 100% remote organization. Our internal culture is made up of diverse, collaborative connections across more than 25 countries – forming a community where everyone belongs, thrives, and grows.
Our team is in search of a Lead Design Researcher to help us change how people collaborate online.
About the Team:
The Research team is part of an Insights group, including design / UX research, data analytics, and competitive intelligence. Our group is part of our EPDI organization - engineering, product, design, and insights - operating as a quad. Our team is deeply embedded with the Product Design and Product organizations. It drives customer empathy and product and design excellence through human-centered research, which touches on end-to-end questions from strategy to the usability of InVision’s products. The team creates the research processes, frames and conducts research, and guides research done by collaborators from the design and product teams.
What you’ll do:
You’ll uncover what users need and want from our products through primary research, exploring behaviors and motivations, working with product designers, PMs, software engineers, and leaders to help prioritize and guide design decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Conduct research on InVisions products and customer experience
- Frame and lead research to uncover opportunities for human-centered innovation, engage collaborators as part of the research and synthesis process to reach actionable and generative insights that push design forward
- Work alongside other researchers and data analysts to advance our nuanced understanding of how people collaborate and work in this new era, in service of making better experiences that fit in our users’ workflows
- Help establish overall research practices at InVision and create processes and infrastructure to scale and adapt research across the company
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of direct experience in design research or UX Research role at a product company (SaaS company is plus!)
- A well-rounded research toolbox - ability to run strategic and exploratory research as well as more tactical and evaluative UX programs
- Incredible attention to detail, interest in operations, eagerness to streamline and optimize whenever possible
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams
- Experience in survey design. Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design is a plus!
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods including when and how to apply them during the design process (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic with a passion for making the future of work more human
- Proven track record of leading research projects with multidisciplinary teams, and providing mentorship and guidance to junior researchers or other collaborators
- Direct managing experience is a plus
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.