InVision is the world's leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide three million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, user-test, and ship product designs for web and mobile platforms. InVision drives the product design process at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others, InVision is a distributed team with over 200 employees around the world.
At InVision, we are committed to providing customers with beautiful, intuitive, useful software. We believe this is both an art - and a science. InVision's Data Science & Engineering team helps the rest of the business to measure and analyze the impact of ongoing product changes. That way, the company can make data-driven decisions about what to build next: and do more of what works, less of what doesn't.
Building, scaling, and owning a high-volume data pipeline, from the frontend event code all the way back to the data warehouse, requires constant collaboration with the brightest people in the organization. Whether you're at a beach house in Hawaii or a coffee shop on the East Coast, you'll have the support of brilliant developers and analysts at your fingertips to get you through and keep the workday challenging and fun.
As Part of the Team:
You'll join a small crew of engineers that works closely together to own these responsibilities:
- Supporting, extending, and scaling the pipeline that relays data from InVision's production applications back to our warehouse.
- Operating, organizing, and growing our data warehouse to be a self-explanatory, self-documenting, performant resource for product managers, engineers, and business analysts.
- Supporting and improving our scripts for postprocessing raw data into clean, easy-to-analyze schemas.
- Working closely with our internal customers in marketing, sales, and other business units to understand, prioritize, and meet their data needs.
- Helping engineers implement best practices for measuring the business impact of their features.
- Designing and building our next-generation experimentation platform, so we can use data validate what's working for our customers and the business.
What You'll Need to Join Us:
- You have solid programming expertise in at least one language, and a sound understanding of the modern full stack, including frameworks, HTTP requests, cookies, sessions, microservices, and databases.
- You're fluent in SQL and you know how to write good queries.
- You're familiar with basic data analysis. The more familiar, the better.
- You're comfortable teaching and promoting best practices to a technical audience.
- You're curious to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- You're a generalist who enjoys covering many different types of technical territory.
- You have a passion for continued learning.
- You're highly motivated to understand our customers and the business, and deliver results.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.