InVision is the world's leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide three million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, manage and user test web and mobile products. InVision drives the product design process at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others. InVision is a distributed team with over 300 employees around the world.
Every beautiful and thoughtful feature that goes into an InVision product is a reflection of the passion and innovation of every engineer on our team. Imagine yourself as a member of the engineering team building a next generation design prototyping, collaboration, and workflow platform. What you build and support will help design teams communicate how an entire application works to solve their business problems, and will flow seamlessly while satisfying the aesthetics of world-class designers.
You will contribute to an environment that enables you to do your best engineering work, and you’ll do it with new web standards and frameworks like ES6, React, MongoDB, Node.js, Go, and Docker. We empower engineers by being laser focused on maximum developer velocity through automation of tests, builds, deploys and tight customer feedback loop to continuously improve the product.
Building and shipping something this amazing and owning it from prototypes and specifications to release requires constant collaboration with the brightest people in the organization. Whether you’re at a beach house in Hawaii or a coffee shop on the East Coast, you’ll have the support of brilliant developers at your fingertips to get you through and keep the workday challenging and fun.
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup - you’ll transition between front-end styling to client-side and server-side logic, write unit and functional tests, and verify before deploying
- You will be responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product, and you will work with Product Managers and Designers to determine the functionality, look, and feel
- You’ll build small, robust backend API services in GoLang that need to perform under load and deliver data pulled from large datasets
- You will frequently interface with other Product Engineering teams and Platform Service teams to take advantage of and incorporate their services and tools into your product
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge through blog posts and presentations
- 8+ years of full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Strong proficiency preferably in either Node.js, or Golang or solid professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python, PHP
- 5+ years of strong experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Not afraid of logs and core dumps
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level and ability to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and achieving personal goals through developer community involvement and contributions
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and leading less experiences engineers
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.