InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we’ve learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
About the Team:
The Smart Objects team owns the technologies that form the foundation of Freehand's rendering and animation features and its Smart Objects. These technologies underlie an SDK and systems that will enable InVision customers to freely create and use content and applications in Freehand for visual collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop secure, maintainable, reliable and performant code to power InVision’s visual collaboration workflows.
- Work on a Smart Objects SDK that uses TypeScript and WASM.
- Create Smart Objects with React-like UI framework and TypeScript.
- Lead projects involving multiple features and team members, helping them with design, sizing, risk mitigation, technical and quality issues.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design and develop functionality and front end and SDK UX.
- Provide operational support for the team’s products and lead team members to do so.
- Actively advocate for and implement software development and operations best practices across the team.
- Technically mentor other developers, participate in code reviews and act as a point of contact for architecture initiatives.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing front ends using Agile and modern technologies like React and TypeScript. Experience with WASM is a plus.
- Experience working with APIs required to build front end applications to support complex requirements. Experience developing an SDK is a plus.
- Multiple years of experience providing operational support for software, debugging complex issues and resolving them.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand your business, your users and their requirements, and lead teams to deliver results.
- High standards for all your work.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of proactively picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.